All our staff must have mandatory training before being allowed to work. Staff are also required to complete annual refresher training in accordance with regulating bodies, including local authorities and CQC.
Our mandatory training includes:
- Equality and Diversity
- Health and Safety at Work
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
- Information Governance (Includes Caldicott Principles)
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Infection Control (Includes RIDDOR & COSHH)
- Food Hygiene
- Manual Handling – (Includes Practical Session
- Basic Life Support including CPR – (Includes Practical Session)
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults (Level 1 & 2)
- Safeguarding Children (Level 1 & 2)
- Mental Health Awareness
- Mental Capacity (Includes DoLS)
- Conflict Management
- Lone Working
- Privacy & Dignity
- Fluids & Nutrition
- Person Centred Care
- Duty of Care
- Dementia Awareness
We also train our staff in areas of specialised training to assure we can provide care and support to every individual, even if they have complex needs. Our specialised training courses include:
- Specialist Dementia breakaway techniques training
- Management of Violence and Aggression in Dementia training
- Specialist tissue viability training – pressure areas and wound management
- Catheterisation and catheter management training
- End of Life Care Training – includes syringe drives
- Nutrition and Diet – includes management of peg feeds
- Administration of medication via a nebuliser, syringe driver and PEG tubes
- Blood sugar monitoring checks
Our specialist training is available to all staff. It allows us to match our carers to the client’s needs and ensure that the correct care and support is given. Once the needs of the service user are identified during assessment, a suitable nurse and/or carer with the correct level of training will be identified.
Our specialised training also gives willing staff members opportunities to grow and advance in their healthcare career.
If you have any questions about our training, our team will be happy to talk you through the process.
Our Homecare team is contactable on 023 9217 8770 / 079 8282 6937 at any time.