Providing specialist care and support to you and your loved ones so you can make the most of your time together.
What is palliative care?
Palliative care is end-of-live support during the final stages of terminal or life-threatening illness. It is a difficult time for everyone, and our aim is to relieve some of the stress by providing specialist support to both the individual and the family. Our palliative care gives support in:
- Personal Care such as bathing, dressing and toileting.
- Continence Care including changing pads, managing stomas and catheters.
- Medication support for both simple and complex prescriptions.
- Help with pain management.
- Housekeeping, including pet-care and bed-changing.
- Meal preparation and washing up.
- Errand-running including food shopping and prescription collection.
- Companionship, support and advice for both the individual and the family.
The most important thing to us is to improve your loved one’s quality of life and keep them happy and comfortable in a home environment.
Why Qualitcare24-7 Palliative Care?
- Specialist nurses lead the care plan and support both the individual and the family during the palliative period.
- We provide full service of care including physical, psychological and social support. We also work in collaboration with the individual’s GP.
- We can offer advice on bereavement services and other support services should the family require it.
- We implement early-intervention for pain relief and symptom control to keep the individual as comfortable and pain-free as possible.
- We can provide 24-hour care, night-sits or respite.
- All our end of life nurses and carers are respectful of the dignity of the individual and are trained in:
- End-of-life care support, principles and requirements
- End-of-life discussion
- Assessment and development of care plans as the situation progresses
- Care after death
- End-of-life dementia and Alzheimer’s care.
- Our staff are also trained to monitor and use medical equipment that may be required during the palliative period.
We will discuss your individual needs and start creating a personalised care plan that provides your loved one with all the care and support you require.
Our Homecare team is contactable on 023 9217 8770 / 079 8282 6937 at any time.