If you provide care for a loved one, we can provide short-term care to cover periods when you are away or unavailable.
Respite care is when one of our experienced carers takes over your care responsibilities for a loved one for a temporary period. This could be while you are on holiday, taking a short break, or in case of emergencies. We can provide respite care for any length of time from a day to a few weeks. We can also provide last-minute care if there is an emergency, or if the length of respite care you need is uncertain (e.g. because of illness or injury).
QualitCare24-7’s Respite Care can be provided through either:
- Live-In Care – where a carer lives with the client and provides 24-hour support.
- Visiting Care – where a carer visits for short calls periodically throughout the day (usually morning, lunchtime, teatime and evening). These calls can be a 15-minute stop to administer medication, or can be a visit lasting up to 1 hour.
Our experienced homecare team will assess your needs and create a personalised care plan for your loved one that keeps to their at-home routines and preferences.
Why choose QualitCare24-7’s Respite Care?
- Less stress and upheaval for your loved one, with no need for them to be temporarily moved to a care home.
- More empowerment and freedom for you to go on holiday or take a break knowing that our QualitCare24-7 carers are giving your loved one all the support they need.
- Consistent updates from our supervisors and managers for the whole period you are away.
- Better value for money than a care home through 1-to-1 personal support and more contact time between the carer and your loved one.
- 24-7 support and last-minute respite in case of emergencies.
- A great way to ‘trial’ live-in care and see if it is a good option for you in the future.
We will discuss your individual needs and start creating a personalised care package that provides your loved one with all the care and support they require.
Our Homecare team is contactable on 023 9217 8770 / 079 8282 6937 at any time.