What is Domiciliary Care?
Domiciliary care is also known as in-home care. It is a range of services set up to help and care for a person in their own home. Domiciliary care is proposed to keep an individual in their own home for as long as it is possible, whilst maintaining his/her independence.
What does Domiciliary Care involve?
Services can include but are not limited to:
- Personal Care (Help with activities of daily living – washing, dressing and undressing, oral care, toileting etc.)
- Cleaning, laundry and cooking
- Helping with taking them to shops, appointments and etc.
- Personal medical help, this can incorporate anything from applying dressing to supporting the wellbeing and prosperity of an individual with complex difficulties.
Domiciliary care can be provided as often as needed, including overnight and 24-hour care. We offer continuous help that is totally worked around your requirements and schedules. It’s one of many reasons why we’re the best choice for home care.
Who is Domiciliary care for?
It’s for individual who wishes to stay at home yet needs extra help or care needs to live an independent, happy, healthy and satisfying life.
- Bathing, Washing and/or Showering (including bed-baths)
- Undressing/Dressing and Preparing for Bed
- Oral Hygiene
- Support with Shaving
- Helping to the Toilet, including Using Commodes or Bedpans
- Changing Continence Pads and Cleaning Intimate Areas
- Applying Make-Up, Lotions and Creams
- Nail and Foot Care – Can at times refer to specialists e.g. chiropodists.
- Changing or Maintaining Stomas, Catheter Bags or other forms of Clinical Intervention
- Movement, Stretches, and Preventing Bed-Sores
- Applying, Administering or Monitoring Medication including side effects
Give us a call to see how we can help you 02392 178 770.